Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Mentor - SOLD

"The Mentor"
6x6 Oil on Panel
SOLD
Click Here to see other Available Work

This is one of a three part series I'm winding up for a commission. It seemed to me like this little boy was sitting and contemplating the wisdom of times before, and the great face in the stone very much looks like a wise mentor to me. What do you think?

As much as everyone decries the evils of Facebook, I had a acquaintance from high school that happened to have an 18 hour layover here in Singapore. We were able to meet up, and I got to show her around Singapore, which was so much fun. Her husband then commissioned me to paint a series of three small paintings from their trip to Cambodia and Thailand for her Christmas present (shhh, don't mention it on FB! It is a secret!). I loved doing this because I had been to these places and could also connect with the locations - plus the husband is an excellent photographer, and has a great eye - which made my job much easier!

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful painting, congrats on the sale !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take me back to Asia. Your paintings have heart. I am doing the reverse - settling in the low country after years of wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails